In this article, we will be discussing what preimplantation genetic diagnosis is, the advantages of preimplantation genetic diagnosis and the disadvantages of preimplantation genetic diagnosis.
What is preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is basically a method by which genetic flaws can be identified in embryos that is developed through vitro fertilization child-bearing.
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis relates to the conditions particularly when 1 or both the genic parents has a familiar genic abnormality. The testing is carried on an embryo to decide whether the embryo has genic abnormality or not.
What are the stages involved in Preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
The stages involved in Preimplantation genetic diagnosis are as follows.
- Obtaining the sperm
- Combining the eggs
- Nurturing the growth of embryo
- Removing a single cell
- Incubation of embryo
- Transferring of embryos
What are the advantages of Preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
The advantages of Preimplantation genetic diagnosis are as follows.
- The first and the foremost advantage of preimplantation genetic diagnosis is that it helps to remove various genic diseases. These diseases are.
- Cystic fibrosis
- Diseases of tay-sachs
- Diseases of Huntington
- The testing of genic disease is done by amniocentesis or CVS that can also be known as chorionic villus testing. This testing is done with a fetus whose age is of around ten weeks to sixteen weeks.
- If the genic defects results positive, then you have a chance to have a child with the genic disease or you can go through MTP which can also be called as Medical Termination of Pregnancy.
- It is usually a difficult decision that preimplantation genetic diagnosis can be removed.
What are the disadvantages of preimplantation genetic diagnosis?
The disadvantages of preimplantation genetic diagnosis are as follows.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis is very costly, time consuming and very much effortful to create and work one cell diagnostic methods.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis can only recognize a particular genic diseases in the embryo.
- Many of the genic disorders cannot be recognized at a single time.
- Removing one cell without splitting it or without destructing is practically difficult and needs a lot of training and experience. Destruction to the embryo may unintentionally or unexpectedly happen during the extraction of the cell.
PGD in Dubai is legal, so if you want to have it done, you can get it done from the hospitals that are specialized in PGD.
Visit http://orchid-fertility.com/urology-mens-health/ for more details.